Basic Hindi Language Course – A1 level: 10 lessons, free taster course
(Please Read Carefully)
Welcome to this Basic Hindi language course and thank you for choosing to learn with us!
This is a short, free taster course which has been designed for those who have little or no knowledge of the Hindi language. The course teaches the basics of Hindi, how to get by, how to read the Devanagari script, how to count and so much more.
This course is designed for total beginners or for those who already have a basic understanding of the Hindi language and want to be able to have a simple conversation and read Hindi writing. There are 10 lessons in total:
1. Introduction and Basic Phrases
2. Hindi Letters 1
3. Food and Drinks
4. Countries and Nationalities
5. Hindi Letters 2
6. Numbers 1
7. Hindi Letters 3
8. Family Relations
10. Revision 1
Our lessons get straight to the point quickly and don’t waste any unnecessary time. You’ll find yourself being able to converse in Hindi in no time.
There are many different ways to learn a new language, however they all require time and effort. Unfortunately this can often deter people when it comes to learning. To try and reduce this issue, we’ve made the majority of our videos fairly short (around 10-15 minutes long). This has been proven to have a greater impact in an educational setting, so naturally we have adopted it here. If you keep practicing regularly and dedicate a certain amount of time each day, you should be fine. Also take the time to speak with native speakers if you have the opportunity to do so.
We hope this course will prove to be useful to you and we welcome any positive feedback or suggestions on how we can improve this course. Please kindly note that this course is delivered in English (without subtitles) and does not support visual learners at this time.
Why Learn Hindi?
There are many reasons for learning Hindi. Here’s 10 for you:
1. It’s the official language of India
2. It’s spoken by more than 500 million people worldwide, making it one of the most commonly spoken languages
3. It’ll help you to learn other languages such as Urdu, Bengali and Sanskrit more easily
4. You’ll be able to read Nepali as it follows the same script as Hindi
5. If you’re traveling in India, a knowledge of Hindi will definitely help…
6. It’s used a lot in meditative chants (if meditation is of interest to you)
7. It’ll open up lots of business opportunities in India if you’re looking to work there
8. Adding another language to your skill set will look good on your CV
9. If you like films, you’ll be able to watch and understand Bollywood movies
10. Native speakers will appreciate it if you can speak at least some of their language
Suggested Learning Method:
Despite this being an elementary level course, it is fairly intensive. We recommend spending around 30 to 45 minutes per day whilst studying this course to see the best results. Try to sit yourself down in front of your computer or laptop away from all distractions and give the course your full attention. We guarantee that you’ll see progress very quickly this way
Sound good so far? Watch our preview video and find out more about what you’ll learn in this course.
Who this course is for:
- People who have little or no knowledge of Hindi
- Anyone who wants to learn more about India and it’s culture
- Those who want to be able to read and write in Hindi
- Visitors to India who want to improve their general level of Hindi
- Individuals who want to learn a new skill which they can add to their CV
- Somebody who wants to learn Urdu, Bengali or Sanskrit in the future
- Movie enthusiasts who want to watch Bollywood films