Techniques to gain attention, build interest and get action from your business writing
Situation – you are required to write in business and to make your point effectively.
Problem – you are not as effective as you should be or you get stressed doing it.
Need – this course to learn and apply the basic guidelines of effective writing.
Learn to Plan and Scan so that the reader’s eye follows your message across the page.
Remember that we skim documents up to 9 times for key words before we read them.
- Distil your message to its essence in 12 words to prove you know your subject.
- Use the AIDA model to win Attention, build Interest and Desire to generate Action.
- Use the KISS rule to Keep It Short and Simple.
- Focus on the top 3 logical and emotional arguments in your writing.
- Discover tools to make sure you use Plain Language.
- Imagine you are writing for a reading age of 14 years.
- Get onto the reader’s wavelength by mirroring the metaphors they use.
- Write powerful headlines and subject lines to make your point fast.
- Break your words up with white space, indents and bold to make it easier to follow
Using real life scenarios learn to write better:
memos and much more
Learn how to discover the keywords at the “sweet spot” which will help your writing to get found online. Write using keywords without your message sounding distorted.
In one way or another you will only ever be wrting about:
where we are – current circumstances
where we could go – our options
how to get there – the plan of action
If you keep to the plot of the story and remember why you are writing and who you are writing for, then what you are going to write will fall into place.
Eliminate the worst errors of grammar, spelling and punctuation with our list of the Top 20 most common problems.
We reveal the magic words which will help you to give and receive critical feedback on your writing without giving or taking any offence.
The course will help anybody who is required to write in their business role to communicate effectively. If you need to be more effective or find that you get stressed and confused then this course will teach you the basic techniques on which you can rely.
The course is mostly video which has been designed to help you recall simple tools like:
Plan and Scan
SPIN and others.
By making these tools easy to recall and by looking at before and after examples you will quickly be able to write in business and will greatly improve your personal reputation.
We are always available to answer your questions.
Includes relevant Mind Maps throughout and an hour of free coaching for those who complete the course if requested.
Who this course is for:
- People who are expected to be able to influence others, externally and internally, through well produced written documents
- Those who become stressed by the responsibility of putting their ideas onto paper for others to see and judge
- Executives who recognise that their reputation is built on being able to see wood for trees and to express their thoughts clearly