Design web applications faster and more effectively by formalizing your design process
Going from a blank screen to a finished website can be daunting. This course provides real-world instruction and hands-on lessons in the most valuable aspects of the web design process.
In this course, you’ll learn about the major steps involved in designing websites. Join us as we take you on a journey that will teach you how to gather information, explore potential design concepts, create a wireframe to illustrate a final design concept, and iterate on a design. In this course, you’ll learn how to:
· Identify the role of a stakeholder in a design project
· Formulate questions to ask project stakeholders
· Describe the process of creating design goals
· Estimate the importance of identifying the audience for a design project
· Assess the audience for a design project
· Identify the sources of content for a design project
· Assemble the content needed for a design project
· Describe the motivation for defining a call to action
· Use a design tool to start designing from the inside-out
· Create a wireframe to illustrate a final design concept
· Describe the importance of starting with a mobile-first design
· Describe the purpose of iterating on a design
By the end, you’ll have the foundation you need to continue your design journey.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn the steps involved in designing websites.
- Designers who want to begin offering consulting and contracting services.