Maya for Beginners: Complete 3D Animation Fundamentals
What you’ll learn
You will have fun learning how to use the Maya tools for animators
Why is the bouncing ball an absolute fundamental to master
Animate a bouncing ball with different weight
Animate weight shift
Animate a weight being lifted
The complete fundamentals of animation
You will learn in game industry standard animations such as idles, walks and runs
You will learn how to create a showreel applying for jobs in the games industry
You should have Autodesk Maya to follow along with the course
Autodesk provides a free 3-year educational learning editon version of Maya on their website
3 button mouse for navigating Maya
A PC or Mac
Get ready to do your own 3D animations in Autodesk Maya!
Learn and master everything you need to know to get started in animation – taught by a Bafta award winning animator
Maya is the essential industry standard 3D animation software. Maya is a must in the film and the video games industry. In this course, you’ll learn how to master the fundamentals and principles of animation to give you a solid foundation when starting your animations from scratch.
What will you learn?
– Maya Animation Interface Introduction
– Manipulators and Camera Movement
– How To Create Custom Hotkeys
– How To Create A Playblast
– The Graph Editor
– The Motion Trail Tool
– IK (Inverse Kinematics) FK (Forward Kinematic)
– Key Poses And Breakdown Poses
– Why Is The Bouncing Ball An Absolute Fundamental To Master
– Exercise – Bouncing Ball
– Exercise – Bouncing Ball Squash And Stretch
– Exercise – Light Bouncing Ball
– Exercise – Editing Exisitng Animation Heavy Bouncing Ball Exercise
– Anticipation And Overlap
– Exercise – The Pendulum
– Upper Body As The Pendulum
– The Arm As A Pendulum Exercise Lecture
– Exercise – Hips And Legs Upper Body Exercise (The Jump Exercise)
– Introduction To Walks
– The Importance of Arcs And Paths Of Action
– Planning And Blocking
– Exercise – Blocking Walk Cycle – Hips And Legs
– Exercise – Splining Walk Cycle – Hips And Legs
– Exercise – Polishing Walk Cycle – Hips And Legs
– Exercise – The Walk
– Exaggeration, Weight And Balance
– The Importance Of Reference
– Exercise Side Shift Of Weight
– Exercise – Picking Up Heavy Weight Shifting Exercise
– Games Industry Standard Default Animation Set
– What We Will Animate From The List
– Exercise – In Game Idle Animation
– Exercise – In Game Run Animation Exercise
– Exercise – In Game Walk Animation Exercise
– Creating a Showreel For A Job
– Applying For Jobs
Learn what the professionals are doing!
There will be exercises throughout the course that you can follow at your own pace and then we will apply these fundamentals and principles to real life industry standard exercises.
What to expect when you enroll?
– 10+ hours of animation tutorials and related lectures.
– Support from me through the course Facebook page and email.
– Downloadable Rigs so you don’t have to worry about modelling and rigging. You can focus on animation 100%.
– Bonus section on how to create a appealing showreel, networking and applying for jobs.
30-day 100% money-back guarantee!
In the unlikelihood of you not being satisfied there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
Why learn from Opi?
Opi has over 15 years experience in film and video games animation. He has worked on award winning game titles and triple AAA games.
He has work on titles such as Heavenly Sword which starred Andy Serkis (Gollum) as the boss in the game. He has worked on Bafta award winning Lego games and a list titles below:
– The Bourne Conspiracy
– Rift (MMO game)
– Motorstorm Apocalypse
Ready to have fun?
I am looking forward to seeing you on the course! Remember animation is all about having fun too. The learning curve may be steep but it’s just a curve and we can all get over it. Have fun along the way!!
Who is the course designed for?
– For beginners who want to master the fundamentals of animation.
– Anyone that wants to learn 3D animation.
– This course is designed for anyone who wants to master the fundamentals and use it as a propel to the next tier.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to master the fundamentals of animation
- People who want to work in the games or film industry
- People who want to learn how to get a job in the games/film industry