Learn Tableau A-Z by solving real data science business challenges + certification exam prep.
This course is designed by data scientists for data scientists!
You’ll be learning everything a senior data analyst needs to know about Tableau, and you will be doing so by practically applying Tableau to solve real business problems.
This course will teach you:
- Tableau skills you need to effectively deliver valuable insights.
- Core data analysis, visualisation, communication, and project management skills required to do so.
By the end of this course you will:
- Complete a Data Science project from start to finish, all in Tableau.
- Feel comfortable using Tableau as a tool for analysis and presentation
- Develop a solid understanding of how Tableau works.
- Prepare for taking the Tableau Desktop Specialist certification exam (if you choose to go down the certification route!)
The curriculum of this course covers the the whole journey of using Tableau to deliver valuable work that solves a real business problem. You’ll learn about each of these topics in-depth, and in a practical way where we are always applying our knowledge to business analytics challenges.
- Core Tableau Concepts
- We’ll develop a strong foundation in the core concepts a Tableau specialist needs to know, e.g. Dimensions & Measures
- Connecting to data and preparing it for analysis
- Importing a dataset into Tableau is always your first step. We’ll learn how to connect to various data sources, combine them together, and prepare them for analysis.
- Exploring and analysis data
- We’ll learn core data exploration and analysis skills. From thinking about how our data can be used to solve the business problem at hand, to creating different charts and calculations which turn our data into information, and our information into insights.
- Sharing insights
- Sharing a valuable insight is what you have to show for all the hard work you’ve put in, and it’s what we get paid for as data analysts. This is a very important step and we’ll be learning how to craft a compelling story in Tableau, one that has the right visual impact and can be presented to a senior audience at a large firm.
You can expect to receive individual feedback on your assignments from a professional data scientist with 6+ years of experience in the field.
We’re very excited to have you on board, we hope you enjoy learning to master Tableau for data science from one of the best in the business.
Who this course is for:
- Data scientists or analysts who have an idea of how powerful Tableau can be, and would like to level up their game by mastering Tableau.
- People who are curious about data science or a career shift to analytics.
- People who work with data in their jobs and would like to reap the enormous benefits which Tableau has to offer.