This e-learning course will help you prepare for the training taking place in-person in Brussels.
Hi there, advocacy training participant! Happy to see you here! In this e-learning course, you will complete modules that will help you prepare for the in-person training. These modules include written assignments with definitions and introductory videos that will familiarize you with the relevant context and vocabulary, as well as the trainers. Please complete all pre-tasks before the training kicks off in Brussels on the 30th November 2022.
If you wish to learn more about the topics included in this e-learning course, you can check out the material in the resource section. There you will find useful links to articles, publications, videos and other material that will help you deepen your knowledge on the relevant topics. Another key task we wish you to complete before the training is to contact your national YFU office with the questions we have provided to you in Module 6.
This course has been planned and crafted for you by the trainers Andreea, Sina, Tamoi, Taru and Tebello. We look forward to meeting you all soon in Brussels for the in-person training, and we hope you find this course useful and are happy to receive any feedback!
More info about the project:
This project aims to increase the involvement of young people in policy-making and political processes, by equipping youth workers with the knowledge, skills and competences needed to successfully engage in policy processes at the local, national and international level, formulate clear and practical recommendations, and support in implementation, and thus create a more inclusive policy environment for future generations, one that includes a youth perspective.
- Increase and strengthen the knowledge of youth workers regarding the current youth strategies developed by the biggest authorities on education and youth at the Global level (UN, EU, COE), and how these feed into the advocacy strategy of YFU.
- Increase and strengthen the skills and competences of young people to engage in policy making processes at the local, national and international level
- Provide an opportunity for youth workers to practise their skills, by supporting them to organise advocacy events throughout Europe.
- Increase the motivation of young people to engage in policy processes all across Europe, leading to a more inclusive and fairer environment for youth and education.
This project is supported by the European Youth Foundation (EYF) of the Council of Europe.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the participants of YFU’s Advocacy Training for Future Leaders, taking place in Brussels in November 2022.